Monday, October 1, 2012

October 1, 2012

Hi Everybody,

Sorry not much time again hahaha :)

Pretty good week this week.  We are gonna have a car this week.  Its been raining a bunch and that was fun on a bike.

There is a awesome member of the ward.  I want to be like him when I grow up. He is the most fun and enthusiastic person I have ever met.  We asked him to take an investigator to church and he told the following story in a letter to my Mom and Dad:
Two Sundays ago, Elder Christensen and your son were expecting my wife and I and our kids to pick up an investigator and bring her to Church. We were very excited because we knew the missionaries were counting on us, and we had already began creating a great friendship with this person. Therefore, it was to our complete dismay when, after getting the kids in the car ready to go pick up our new friend, we realized I had accidentally locked our car keys inside our house. With no way to get in our home, and no time to arrange a back-up plan, there was only one thing to do (and it was my wife’s idea!!!): Break through the backdoor. We did, and our friend made it to church! The pictures show the aftermath.
I wish there were more people like him and his family.
My companion and I are getting along great!  We are great friends and are really hard at work. That is all for now. I will look for some fun stories this coming week. 

Love,
Elder Gomm

Oh and one of our investigators will probably be getting baptized this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment