Monday, October 22, 2012

October 22, 2012



Dear Family and Friends,


My birthday was great!  Thank you all for your great letters and packages.  It really made my birthday special. It’s weird to be 20, but that’s ok.


Life is going well.  The work is really starting to progress, and things are really picking up.  

Miracles are happening.  This last week we gave several priesthood blessings to some members of our ward who were sick.  I laid my hands upon this boy’s head and when I started to speak I felt something powerful and overwhelming come over me.  It was as if fire was all around me and my chest was burning as if I was in an oven.  It was spectacular to witness the power of God searing from me to this boy.  I am not much for words, as ya’ll know, but it wasn't the words I spoke that mattered.  It was the power of God flowing through me as I gave this boy a blessing.

Jesus Christ had the power to act in God's name to heal the sick, cause the blind to see, and the lame to walk.  He could command the winds and seas to obey him.  The power he had was the priesthood.  He gave this same power to his apostles and called them to preach the Gospel to the world.  When Christ and his Apostles died, this priesthood power was lost.  No longer was there anyone on earth who had the priesthood authority given by Jesus Christ.

In 1829, Peter, James, and John, under the direction of Jesus Christ, conferred the Priesthood upon Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdery.  It has now been passed down even to me.  I know that I hold that same priesthood and that I have felt its power to bless the lives of God’s children here on earth.

Those of you that are going on a mission, please write me!  I really hope to hear from you.  That goes for you sisters as well.

That’s it for this week.

Love,
Elder Gomm

P.S.  We went to old Salem, NC today. I got a Confederate hat!!!! haha  

Love Ya’ll!  Please write to me! I am doing my best to write back as soon as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment