Monday, October 15, 2012

October 15, 2012

Dear Everyone,

This week has been pretty good.  I had many spiritual experiences.  I will tell you about a really cool experience.

Elder Christensen and I were going to an appointment on the bad side of town, the really hood area. That is usually where we are at.  This was on Friday.  We were peddling on our bikes really fast to get there.  I stared to have this weird feeling; kind of a sad, dark, heavy feeling.  I started to pray to get this feeling off of me.  I felt like I did something wrong.  The feeling changed however, to a feeling and thought of warning.  I went through a light but my companion didn't make it.  I looked up and down the street in front of me and I heard the word "STOP!" in my head.  I slammed on my brakes and waited until my companion caught up with me, then we continued on to our appointment.  We went in and the feeling left and we taught a great lesson.  We walked outside and both of us felt it again!  We got on our bikes; we looked at each other and knew we needed to get out of here and home immediately.  As we were ridding back to our apartment, strange things were going on all around us.  There were drag races, marijuana smoke, guys walking with big sticks, crazy drivers trying to run us off the road, just weird stuff.  It felt like we were being attacked or chased.  We were trying to get out of there as fast as we could.  We passed under an overpass and the dark feeling left.  We felt peace again.  When we arrived back to the apartment things were good. 

Challenge for everyone that reads this is to make a mormon.org account!!!  I saw Maggie on there and that made me happy.  Maggie you are the best!!!!  I also would like all the people who are thinking of are going on a mission to write me.  I would like to share with each what would help you prepare for your mission. 

That’s it for this week here in North Carolina.

Love ya’ll,
Elder Gomm

No comments:

Post a Comment