Monday, May 6, 2013

May 6, 2013


Dear Family and Friends,

Well a ton has happened this week that will change my future. There have been 58 new missions created in the world because of the wave of new missionaries. Because of this many missions will be affected, including the North Carolina Charlotte Mission. 

Effective July 1, 2013, The Ashville Stake of Zion will become a part of the Tennessee Knoxville Mission. This means that all vehicles, missionaries and assets will become part of that mission. The funny thing is.... that I am currently in the Ashville Stake or Ashville Zone as we call it. So, I may end up in Tennessee Knoxville Mission in July. This is both exciting and sad. I love adventure and exploring the unknown, but I hate change.

This is a large vine not a tree
Anyways, life continues on in Blairsville. Monday we got to hike on the Appalachian Trail. Boy is it beautiful! I may want to hike part of it after my mission. The trail goes through 14 states from Georgia in the south to Maine in the north; nearly 2,200 miles. 
















It was truly wonderful to see the beauty that Heavenly Father created for us.


I met a return missionary that was hiking that same day. As it turns out he served in the California Sacramento Mission and served in Placerville, near my hometown. Small world!

Life is good here in the South. I tried boiled peanuts, a true southern treat, and I really like them especially boiled with a little bacon. 

This week Lee is getting baptized!! We have been working with him for only a month and he loves the Church. He is so excited for his baptism this Saturday. So keep him in your prayers.

The Lord truly loves us!! I have seen His hand in my life this last week. He helps us in our trials and blesses us openly because He loves us so much! All He asks is that we recognize Him in all we do.

Please keep me in your prayers everyone. I am really going to need them more than ever as the changes come to our mission. I love you all. 

Love,
Elder Gomm

PS Oh, and up here in the mountains everyone says yun’s rather than ya’ll. I love it!!! hahaha

More pictures from our Preparation Day (P-day) hike on the Appalachian Trail (pronounced around here Appalatchan). My companion and I hiked with the two senior missionary couples serving in our district.







Largest Poplar tree east of the Mississippi River
Trillium Flower
Outdoor Chapel along the Appalachian Trail
The white mark on the tree tells you it's the Appalachian Trail







No comments:

Post a Comment