Monday, May 6, 2013

April 8, 2013

Dear Family and Friends,

I first off; I want to thank you all for the prayers in my behalf. The last few months have been pretty rough because of the lack of success we have been having. Last week I got pretty discouraged. I share this experience with you because we all have times of darkness and sadness where it looks like there is no hope, no light at the end of the tunnel and that we might as well give up. This is a lie! The advisory wants us to swim in our misery, telling us that there is no shore and no dry ground. I told myself this over and over.

My dear friends, there is a light at the end of the tunnel; there is a shore where we can rest! The Savior provided us with His perfect sacrifice! In the Book of Mormon, the prophet Alma declared his testimony of the divinity of the Savior and his Atonement. He teaches us that not only did He suffer for our sins so we don’t have to, but He suffered for our every feeling. He suffered for our loneliness, what it feels like to lose a loved one or even a child. He knows what it feels like for someone to feel like they have nothing left. He knows what it is like to feel depressed or unloved. He felt and suffered it all so we don’t have to. All we must do is turn our trust and faith to Him and lay our burdens at his pierced feet, and He promises that He will give us rest.

This last weekend we had General Conference, where the living prophet and apostles speak to us and give us guidance. I came to Conference with a question. There, the prophets spoke to my soul and my heart. I know that my Heavenly Father does love me and He just wants to bless us. My prayers and questions were answered as peace and love came over me, I felt my Saviors love surround me. We do have a purpose in this life. Do not stand in darkness when there is light near by. We can be filled with the warmth of His light and His love. All we need to do is take a step toward it. 

This is just on of many wonderful talks given at April 2013 General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints



I thank you all so much for your prayers. Like President Gordon B. Hinckley, who was one of my favorite prophets, I have found the turning point. We are all human and so we all must go through struggles and be tested. That is part of the glorious plan of our Heavenly Father. While Elder Hinckley was on his mission he became very discouraged at one point ready to give up and return home. In his own way he found what he needed to do and stepped into the light. He lost himself in the work. He became known the rest of his life for his optimism and hope for the future.

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don’t worry. I say that to myself every morning. It will all work out. If you do your best, it will all work out. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. ... If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers" Gordon B. Hinckley

I know that this life is truly wonderful! Just think of God’s glorious creations and how we are His greatest creation! He loves us. I do not write this for everyone to feel bad for me, because I am fine! Believe me life is good, real good!!!! I am just so happy to feel the sun on my face and to feel every door slammed in it as well . . . hahaha . . . its awesome!!!! I love it because the next door will be the one!!! I wrote this and shared this for anyone who ever has been, ever is, and ever will be discouraged! There is a light at the end of the tunnel!! It will all work out! Laugh and enjoy it. How grateful I am for Jesus Christ and all He has done for me!!! My life has never been better!!! And I know it is because of the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ and all of the marvelous and infinite blessings that are just waiting to be poured on us!!! God does indeed love us, I am a witness of that. Jesus is the Christ, He lives and so will we. Be hopeful and excited for what the morning brings because the darkness of the night always brings a bright new dawn!

Love,
Elder Gomm
Whoooooohoooo!!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment