Monday, March 4, 2013

March 4, 2013


Dear Family & Friends–

I am doing well. I am NOT getting transferred and Elder Call and I are getting along great. He has been the best companion since my trainer. He is a true missionary and a hard worker with great desire. He listens to me and we learn and grow from each other.

This week’s adventures and miracles deal with knowledge. I have received many small revelations and promptings from the Holy Ghost to see different people and help less active and new members progress. It is so important to listen to the small promptings of The Spirit. We must pray and seek for the gifts of the spirit as well as live worthy of its companionship. (Preach My Gospel 89-93) In addition to asking and knocking we must seek. This week I have sought, learned, and developed the Christ-like attribute of knowledge. In many instances of Christ life and ministry he combated the Scribes and Pharisees with scripture. Jesus Christ was very well versed in the scriptures and the words of the prophets. This week I have been zealously searching the scriptures. My highlighters and pens have been diminishing day-by-day because of my newfound love for the scriptures. I have never been much of a bookworm or a reader; I was always usually outside exploring or watching the TV. Hahaha! But now the 3 hours of study that we as missionaries have is my favorite part of the day.

I have started my study and search of who Jesus Christ is. I have started with the New Testament looking at every footnote and cross-reference. I am also reading the inspired book Jesus the Christ written by the Apostle James E. Talmage. I challenge all to read it! If you want to know in deep simplicity who your Savior is, the scriptures and Jesus the Christ will help you draw closer to Him.

This week we will be starting some workshops with Family History work and I was wondering where is the word GOMM from???? People always ask me. This week we also may be teaching some seminary classes.

Tuesday we get the new sister missionaries. We helped the ward clean and prepare their apartment. But it didn’t get rid of the creepy feeling in that place. Everyone says it is haunted and Elder Call and I believe it. Hopefully no one tells the sisters so they don’t get scared. Haha!

The work is going ok. All of our investigators are getting sick. Satan is really fighting us hard at the moment but we have faith that things will turn around shortly.

Thanks for the letters and packages!!! Mom the package you sent was pretty much the best package ever. I loved the pictures and the letters!

That’s it for this week ya’ll!

Love,
Elder Gomm


Happy Birthday Dad!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment