Monday, December 31, 2012

December 31, 2012

Hi Everybody,

I am loving it here in my second area!  The ward is great and I really love it!  We have the car for two weeks and then we are on bikes for a week.  The work has been a little slow this week all over this area, but our faith is still strong and hopes are bright!  Please pray for this area, that we can find those who have been prepared.  "The prayers of the righteous availeth much." 

I cut my own hair!  Yeah, it was really scary!!!!!!  I said a prayer that I wouldn’t butcher it too bad and Heavenly Father hears our prayers.  It didn’t turn out too bad.  A couple of nicks here and there and there’s a good line right above my neck in the back, but it is pretty good.  Elder Scott gave me a nice clipper set for Christmas, before he left.

Elder Child (my new companion), the two other missionaries, and I get along great!  We are a great team and we have lots of fun while we work in this ward.  It is nice the have the support of other missionaries.
Christmas Packages
Christmas was great!!!  We had so many meals it was amazing!  I thought I was going to pop!  I did get to call my parents and have a very spiritual experience with them.  I am grateful for their love and support!  I hung up the phone and got right back to work.

Thanks Mom, Dad, and everyone else for the great Christmas gifts!



Congrats to those who have received their mission calls!!!  (My mom keeps me up to date.)  The field really is white!  For all of you that are preparing to serve a mission or have received your mission call, and to all the other members of the Church, please read the first chapter of Preach My Gospel.  And then start now to understand your purpose and the Doctrine of Christ.  Not only understand it, but live it.  Learn it with all you might and love it.  It will be what makes you a missionary.  It is the secret to missionary work and success, when you understand that it will strengthen you, purify you, and give you a special ability to "desire the salvation of souls."  You are promised to have the Holy Ghost to be your constant companion; it will give you happiness and peace in your life.  

For the first time in my life I am at total peace!  It is because I am living my purpose and the Gospel of Jesus Christ!  I have been purified and sanctified through the amazing power and love of the Savior.  We ALL NEED to strive to understand this simple, circular, doctrine of: having faith in Jesus Christ and His atonement, repentance, baptism and receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost by the laying on of hands, and then enduring to the end.  That is the only doctrine that Christ himself taught, and when we live this and share this, we will all stand spotless before Him at the last day.  I testify of these things in the name of the beloved Son of our Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ. Amen.

Love,
Elder Gomm

Please write!

No comments:

Post a Comment