Tuesday, August 28, 2012

August 28, 2012


Hello everyone!

This last week has been a little hard.  I got a little depressed last week.  This week is going to be different.  Thank you all for your letters and packages.  Many of them came when I was at the lowest of my low last week.  I have rededicated myself to be more obedient and more diligent in all that I do.

Cool stories of the week:

- Gave a pass along card to a guy packing heat! (He had a gun)

- I was riding my bike (whose name is Teancum, a warrior from the Book of Mormon) really fast trying to get to an appointment when a car few past us. Then, someone threw a handful of change at me as hard as he could while passing us at a pretty fast speed.  All of the change flew around me as if there was a force field surrounding me.  Pretty cool!  None of the speeding change hit me and I kept pedaling without missing a beat.

- I gave 2 blessings this last weekend, my first ones ever.  One was for a man who is really stressed because he is going be homeless.  He used to be in prison and his record is hurting his ability to find a job.  The other blessing was for a preemie baby.  That was interesting.

Investigators: (please pray for these people)
A part member family who we are reactivating.  I love this family, true southerners. They remind me of the Claytons.  I love Sister . . .  and she is so close to accepting the Gospel.

My companions name is Elder Christensen, from Washington.  He is a lot like me but a little more reserved.

I know that my Heavenly Father loves me and answers my prayers. Jesus Christ is my Savior and Redeemer, as a representative of Jesus Christ I testify that He loves us all and He wants us to use the gift of the atonement that He has given us.  I know because I am a witness of His love for other people, because I feel that love for all I meet and for all of you back home.  I testify of the words which I have said, that they are true for as long as I live and as long as the Lord lives, for all eternity.  In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Love always,
Elder Gomm
PS my area is great!!!  It is the ghetto but be at peace, I am on the Lords mission and I have his protection.

Elder Gomm asked for more ties, paisley are his favorite.



New sunglasses :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment