Sunday, August 19, 2012

July 31, 2012 MTC


I love it at the MTC—the spirit is great! So strong!!!! I love my companion, Elder Poulson. He is just like me in a lot of ways, and we get along great. We get along so well that we think and act the same. Our goal is to live the rules and commandments with exactness. There are some crazy rules like that we can’t have our hands in our pockets at all and we cant sing in the halls. But anyway, my second day I got really sick; I drank some room temperature milk. It felt like I ate a box of razor blades. At the end of the day my district, which I love, gave me a blessing and I immediately was better. Wow, right?!  But seriously this MTC food is destroying us . . . so many of us have gotten sick off it.

The work is going well, I am constantly tired from feeling the spirit all the time. We have 3 investigators that we are teaching; all of our first lessons were train wrecks. Elder Poulson and I work great together and we work really hard. We didn’t know what we were doing wrong. :( We have been praying really hard for guidance and that we can teach with the spirit. We finally realized that all we were doing was teaching lessons and not people. We were not teaching to the investigators’ needs, because we don’t know them. We were having such a hard time just getting to know people. Yesterday was a really hard day! My companion and I were at the lowest of the low. I really just wanted to go home. We offered the most sincere prayer we could and asked for help. A few minutes later some of the experienced Elders talked to us and helped out. Our lesson last night went great! We finally got through to the investigator and the spirit was there! The church is true!!!! (that’s my new saying)

My district is awesome! We are all like brothers and we goof around just enough that it takes off some of the pressure. I did 200 push ups throughout the day because of this game we play—if someone looks at our hand when we do a certain sign they have to do 5 push ups. It has gotten way complex but it is so fun.

I have started to dream about missionary work. In the middle of the night someone knocked on my door and in my dream I answered "hi, we are missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and we would like to share a message with you..." ha! ha! ha! I love it.

Anyways, I love you all!!!!!!
Please send me written mail; us missionaries live for the mail. Send me photos, cards, anything. I love it. I need it! ha! ha! ha!

The Church is true and the spirit is strong!

Love,
Elder Gomm

No comments:

Post a Comment