Sunday, August 19, 2012

August 7, 2012 MTC

Hi everyone! I don't have much time! I tried to attach pictures but I don't think its gonna happen.

Life is great! I have had some really spiritual experiences. There was one time that I really felt to spirit after I finished a prayer. There was a debate going on with a few of the elders, I felt impressed to raise my hand and say something. When I spoke, I spoke calmly and spoke with no pre-recollection of what I was going to say. I just spoke. When I spoke I felt this physical, almost tangible power, flowing off my body and from my lips. All I can describe it as is the pure power of God. After I was done talking the room was silent and the elders were speechless. I love feeling the spirit in my life.

Another cool experience was when, I saw Elder McCaffree for the second time. I gave him a hug but he was only speaking Russian to me. I was sad because the elders going on to other countries are supposed to speak only their language after a few weeks. So I spoke to him in English and he spoke in Russian, the crazy thing was that I was able to understand what he was saying!  We were having a conversation in two different languages. It was truly the gift of tongues!!!  Pretty cool huh!

Well things are pretty fun here. I am slowly dying from the food. I have had a stomachache since I got here, but that's OK. Elder Poulson, my companion, averages 5 letters and 1 package a day. I get about a letter every 2 days and a package every 3 or 4 days, but that's ok. I never thought I would love mail so much and written letters are awesome!!!!  I want to make a new article of faith which says: We believe in mail, we pray for mail, we think of mail, we dream of mail, and packages are lovely and of good report and we seek after these things . . . as missionaries. There you go. 

I have gotten really good at 4 square. That's all we play!  I am in love with the game!  I am known for my deadly backspin!  I think I will get to play tomorrow.

So that's all for now!  Life is good!  The Church is true, and the spirit's strong!  May the spirit be with you!

Love,
Elder Gomm

P.S. Please send me snail mail! I love pictures! Don't worry they don't make me homesick! I love them! OK Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment